2/11/2013 1:54:00 PM
Some quick hits on the 55th Annual Grammy Awards last night!
- The broadcast went for 3 1/2 hours... somehow they managed to maintain my attention the whole time. I wasn't even cheating/FF watching it on a pvr!
- The show began with the best opening performance ever! Like ever...
- Katy Perry looked absolutely stunning in her green number. Just beautiful, and classy, and.... just and.
- Much has been said about Justin Timberlake's return to the stage after a 4 year break from the music biz...is it just me, or did he seem out(of)'sync?
- Prince. That's it.
- Kelly Clarkson sure has some chops. The girl can sing. Add that to Carrie Underwood's standstill performance(what was with that dress?) and American Idol brass must be proud.
- Speaking of reality shows...how good has The Voice been for Blake Shelton's career? He and Miranda sitting front row next to Bey-Z should say something. Glad to see that he'll be back for season 4 starting in March!
- Keith Urban has perfect hair. Jerk.
- My favorite performance of the night was the tribute to Bob Marley featuring Bruno Mars and Sting among others. Some folks lose their sound as they age, but when Sting sings it sounds just as it did in the 80's.
- The thing I loved most about the show in general was the focus that music without the "hyper-produced" sound got. Simple guitar and percussion, throw in some voice...and there you have it. The Black Keys winning award after award, performances from the Lumineers, Mumford and Sons, Elton John, and even the ensemble tribute to Levon Helm with Zac Brown at the end...showed that you don't need a CPU to have a hit song.
That's it for me! What did you think of the show?!