Everyone and their dog knows that my cooking skills……lack a bit.
But this weekend I attempted to made a healthy Thai Carrot Soup – partly because I’m getting sick of the same 5 things I can actually cook and also because my mom sent it to me and promised it would be super easy!
Turns out – it was! If you want to try it for yourself – here is the recipe!
Thai Carrot Soup
- 1/2 of a large yellow onion -chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic -chopped
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil ( you can also use coconut oil!)
- 4 cups of chopped carrots (scrubbed & peeled)
- Salt (big pinch)
- Pepper (big pinch)
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup of peanut butter ( you can use smooth or crunchy!)
- 2 Tsp chili garlic sauce
- Heat the oil in a big sauce pot (one that has a lid)
- Put the chopped onion and chopped garlic in the pot.
3. Add the carrots and cook for about 7 mins .
4.Then add your salt and pepper. Then add the veggie stock and water.
5. Bring to a low boil, cover and let it simmer for about 20-25 mins. You will know its ready when the carrots are soft!
6. Pour the entire contents into a blender and blend until smooth.
7. Add the peanut butter and chili garlic sauce.
** I found this chili garlic sauce ( and it’s got some HEAT!) at No Frills. I’m guessing that means you can probably find it at Superstore too (parent company).
8. Add more chili garlic sauce for more heat if desired. Serve or freeze for later.
- You can also add “fancy” stuff- fresh basil leaves, a drizzle of coconut milk if you want too!