If you’re like me – you love to get the best deal ALWAYS!
So what happens with pumpkins? They come out near the end of the September and they are always such a good deal!
But what the heck do you do with them ? You can’t carve them – they will go wrinkly!!! And if you leave them on your porch for decoration…..they won’t last until Halloween!
Well not to worry – here are some tips to make your pumpkins last – courtesy of you guys!! Seriously – CISN listeners are truly the best!
- “Soak in pumpkin in 50/50 water and bleach for 1 hr after carving. Will keep for weeks.”
- “Bleach or Vaseline!!! Preserves it for up to 7 days after carving”
- “Jack a cold room helps a lot”
- “Keep your pumpkin in the shade! If it is not carved – it will last as a decoration for 3-4 weeks!”
- “If you’re carving the pumpkin – do it 2-3 days before!”