Ok this is really hard, unless you’re smart, I didn’t do very well! No cheating, no google…keep track of your answers! They’ll be at the end
1. In what year did Canadian Confederation occur?
2. John A. Macdonald was Canada’s FIRST prime minister, but who was the SECOND?
- John Abbott
- John Thompson
- Mackenzie Bowell
- Alexander Mackenzie
3. Who is the longest-serving Canadian prime minister?
John A. Macdonald
William Lyon Mackenzie King
4. When did the flag of Canada make its first official appearance?
- July 1, 1867
- November 7, 1921
- February 15, 1965
- April 17, 1982
5. Which of these artists was not actually part of the Group Of Seven?
- Franklin Carmichael
- J. E. H. MacDonald
- A. Y. Jackson
- Tom Thomson
6. Tommy Douglas is considered the father of universal healthcare in Canada, but which Canadian actor is his real-life grandson?
7. Which province (NOT territory) was the most recent one to join Canada?
- Prince Edward Island
8. Which of these women was NOT among the first three women to become Companions Of The Order Of Canada?
9. Which of these names is NOT one of the names of the Dionne quintuplets?
10. What’s the official motto of Canada?
- “From sea to sea.”
- “Seek ye first the kingdom of God.”
- “Glorious and free.”
- “Strong and free.”
11. What was Laura Secord’s maiden name?
12. What were the names of the two ships that collided on December 6, 1917, resulting in the Halifax Explosion?
- SS Imo and SS Kenordoc
- SS Victolite and SS Kenordoc
- SS Mont-Blanc and SS Victolite
- SS Mont-Blanc and SS Imo
13. In what year did Tom Longboat win the Boston Marathon?
14. Who was the first black Canadian to win the Victoria Cross?
- William Hall
- Harry Jerome
- Leonard Braithwaite
- Wilson A. Head
15. For which event did Canada win its first-ever Olympic gold medal?
16. In which year were women finally declared “persons” under Canadian law?
17. Which Canadian hockey team was the most recent team to win the Stanley Cup?
Toronto Maple Leafs
18. What Canadian invention was created by Edward Asselbergs in 1962?
- Instant mashed potatoes
- The Walkie-Talkie
- The snow-blower
- The goalie mask
19. Who was the FIRST host of Hockey Night In Canada?
- Danny Gallivan
- Dick Irvin, Jr.
- Foster Hewitt
- Jim Hughson
20. And finally: How many Canadian prime ministers have served during Queen Elizabeth II’s reign?