Anyone that knows me, knows I do not love vegetables. If there’s ever a debate of whether to eat vegetables or something else, something else always wins. Until now. My new favorite snack…. KALE CHIPS! Seriously delicious.
My man introduced kale chips to me a couple months ago. My initial thought, before even trying them, was Ewwww. He showed me how to make them and then nearly had to force my mouth open to get me to try one. Immediately I was hooked. We’re talkin’ you can’t eat just one.
Warning: If you make kale chips, you WILL eat the whole dang tray. They’re highly addicting.
If you’ve never had kale chips, I highly recommend you try them at least once. They’re super easy to make, and I bet you your kids will like them too. Have I mentioned they’re super addicting?
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wash the kale and dry it really, really well
- Cut the leaves off the stems and tear the leaves into fairly large bite size chunks
- Lay the pieces out on a baking sheet
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over the kale (and I mean very lightly)
- Use your fingers to gently massage the oil into the kale leaves
- Sprinkle seasoning salt over the kale and massage again to get everything evenly distributed
- Pop the kale in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes
- **Note: When you start to hear sizzling, move the kale around with a spatula. Do this every few minutes to avoid burning.
- When the kale starts to get a little crunchy and brown around the edges, it’s done!