Brooke was back once again sharing more knowledge on everyone’s favorite meal, breakfast. This time around she had her sites on the mix of carbs, veggies, and protein on your plate. Once again I was doing things completely wrong when in came to what I was eating in the morning, I was having way too many carbs and not enough of everything else. Brooke said that most people could cut out half the carbs and need to find a way to add more protein. Luckily she has all the answers! The audio of the entire conversation I had with her is above, and she left me with these words and another wonderful recipe…
I see it every day. Every. Single. Day. People skip out on filling up on some nice, lean protein and instead turn to filling their plate with carbs. Now don’t get me wrong — carbs are very important macronutrient but they need to be eaten in the right proportion. If you’re like most people out there, you should probably be cutting the current amount of carbs that your’e eating – in half. “But, but, but… ?? Then I’ll be starving!” you say? Not the case. Let’s replace that half serving of carbs with a nice, lean protein and reap the rewards!
Benefits of protein:
– building blocks of our body – they build enzymes, cells, and muscle
– help keep us feeling fuller, longer
– stabilize blood sugars – you don’t get that spike in blood sugar where you feel really full and then crash an hour later (this will reduce risk of diabetes and is a key to weight loss!)
7 Protein-Packed Breakfast Foods:
– Quinoa (4 g)
– Feta Cheese (5 g)
– 1 egg (6 g)
– Egg whites (7 g)
– Cottage Cheese (16 g)
– Greek yogurt (18 g) *Unflavored!!
– Protein Powder (24 g) *NCN brand!
– Chunky Monkey Protein Shake
– Feta + Spinach Egg Muffins
Challenge for the week:
– Show us how YOU added #proteinpower to your breakfast this week and 1 lucky winner will win a container of North Coast Naturals protein powder. (Share a photo on twitter, facebook or instagram by using hashtag #proteinpower and tagging @brilliantbybrooke)